We currently offer seven collections of 100% solid wood entry doors with matching solid wood sidelites and jamb sets, and two collections of 100% solid wood Interior Doors.
We do not use any veneers or engineered stiles and rails in our products, eliminating the possibility of peeling or delamination.
All exterior solid wood doors are handcrafted to your exact size.
FSC® Certified by The Rainforest Alliance
Main Door is certified for chain of custody by Rainforest Alliance (SW-COC-000491) in accordance with the Principles and Criteria of the Forest Stewardship Council™. Our product line of solid wood doors, sidelites, and jamb sets is manufactured and shipped open for glass from our state-of-the-art partner factories in South America.
Wood as a Renewable Resource
Solid wood doors have traditionally been the top door choice of homeowners because of its beauty, warmth, durability and lasting value.
The natural variations of the wood guarantee no two doors are ever the same. With responsible, “green” and “sustainable” resource management, we offer top-quality wooden doors while also protecting the environment.
South American Mahogany type
South American Mahogany type wood (Cedrelinga catenaeformis Ducke) is one of the most prestigious hardwoods. Its brownish natural color and rich grain enables one to achieve a finish which will add warmth & ambience to any room.
Northern American Red Oak
Northern American Red Oak (Quercus rubra) with natural variations in color and grain has a very robust grain. Being a dense hardwood, red oak proves to have excellent durability against the elements.
FINE WOOD FINISHES
Standard & Distressed Finishes
We offer a variety of water-based, environment-friendly stain finish colors creating a look that not only reveals the wood’s radiance but also brings out the richness of every piece of wood.
The final clear top coat with a semi-gloss sheen, offers a rich look, exceptional durability, and protection. The Standard Finishes vary by the wood they are applied to.
The hand-scraped “rustic distress” finish adds a timeworn appearance . The doors are intentionally distressed for an older look as though they’ve been around for a long time, with a surface texture and patina, i.e. scratches, holes and dings.
Because of the inherent variations of the wood, final product may differ from photographic and printed samples.
You also have the option to order your door Unfinished if you wish to apply your own Finish or Paint.
We offer a large variety of glass designs and options for each door model and collection, with clear or obscure triple-glazed tempered insulated glass, decorative hand-assembled beveled glass clusters, glue-chip and water glass panels between the tempered glass, and brass, black patina or zinc metal camings.
For the Rustic Mahogany Collection only, we offer a clear or obscure dual-glazed tempered insulated glass with beautiful and unique decorative wrought-iron insert sealed between both layers of glass.
For detailed information on the glass options per model and collection, download our brochure.
- ¾”-thick, triple-glazed
- Argon-filled for energy efficiency
- Decorative, hand-assembled, beveled clusters
- Clear or obscure tempered glass
- Glue-chip, Rain Glass or Water Glass
- 3 Designs per Model (refer to Brochure)
- Metal Caming: Brass, Black Patina, or Zinc (select Collections)
- Rain Glass, Black Patina, or Wrought-Iron Caming (Rustic Collection)
- Privacy or Clear Glass
- 7-¼” Solid Oak Sill (Finished or Unfinished) with 2″ horns on each end.
- Oak Adjustable Aluminum Sill (Brass, Bronze, or Nickel)
- ADA/Handicapped Compliant (Brass, Bronze, or Nickel)
- Out-Swing Bumper Sill (Zinc)
Door Shoe (Shoe Bottom)
- Satin Nickel
All pre-hung units are furnished with rust-resistant, ¼”-radius corner, 4×4” ball-bearing hinges, matching the pre-hung hardware. 80” doors feature 3 hinges. 96” doors feature 4 hinges.
- Satin Nickel
Our Rustic Doors feature a fully weather-stripped operable solid wood speakeasy door, with a front wrought-iron grill, two hinges and a sash lock latch.
The speakeasy opening is assembled at high level on the upper panel, adding a perfect final touch to the Rustic Door.
Our doors are available with round and square antique style clavos fixed securely on one or both sides of the doors in powder coated satin black.
- All exterior pre-hung entrance units are custom build to exact net sizes and come standard with jambs made from the same wood species as the door.
- Doors are pre-hung to customer inswing or outswing requirements.
- The entry door (active/operable) is pre-drilled with two face holes for standard bore & deadbolt and one edge hole (no mortise for strike plate in the jamb leg or t-mullion). For double doors, if requested, there is no charge to bore the inactive/stationary door for dummy bore
- Same wood 2-½” 711 interior casing, 2-¼” exterior brickmould, flatstock or stucco mould, unfinished or finished, at additional charge
- The most popular standard size, 36″ x 80″ x 1 ¾”, is available in all three collections. There are also selected models available in 30″ & 32″ x 80″, 42″ x 80″ and 36″ x 96″ in the MAHOGANY TYPE COLLECTION and AMERICAN RED OAK COLLECTION. This allow us to accommodate most entryway configurations.
- Units are offered as slab doors & sidelites only, pre-hung single door, single door with one or two sidelights, double doors, double doors with one or two sidelights and pre-hung doors with rectangular transoms for selected models, and every sidelite can be combined with any door design of its collection;
Operable Sidelite – With attached T-Astragal and flush bolts to operate as a double door unit.
Venting sidelites – The sidelite opens as a window (no screens) installed on one or both sides of the entry door. Provided with hinges and thumb turns.
Miscellaneous – Other details and customizations can be made as needed, upon request:
- Oversized widths
- Custom size jambs (up to 12″ width)
- Back to back jambs and wider mull posts
- Handicap sills
- Mail slot & peep hole (prep only)
- Sill cover
- Special hardware machining preps
- Special mull posts and mull pockets
- Direct-set sidelight frames
- All door collections are solid stile and rail construction and solid wood panels (no thin veneer over particle board) with matching sidelites. On the ”American Red Oak Collection” we face glue two solid boards together for the center stiles and horizontal rails;
- Thickness: 1-3/4″;
- Width: 30″ x 80″, 32″ x 80″, 36″ x 80″, 36″ x 96″, 42″ x 80″, with 12″ & 16″ sidelites;
- Height: 6’8″ (80″) & 8’0″ (96″);
- Construction: dowel construction, type I exterior glue, with floating panels, raised moldings on one side;
- Panels: 1 ½” (for 1 ¾” thick door);
- Jamb Width: from 4″ to 7 ½”. Over sizes available upon request;
- Brickmould: 1 ¼” x 2 ¼”;
- Casing: 5/8″ x 2 ½”;
- Glass: 5/8″ triple glazed tempered insulated glass with brass, zinc and black patina caming;
- Hinges: 4″ x 4″ ball bearing, ¼ round corners for 1 ¾” thick doors in bright brass, bronze and satin nickel.
- As with our product we take pride in our shipping, packaging and crating methods. We go through great lengths in the shipping & crating process to ensure that your investment is delivered safely.
- Each year, less than 1% of our shipped product reaches its destination with damage.
- Immediately upon receipt of the order The Home Depot must completely inspect all products for defectives or damage.
- Discovered damage and or defectives must be immediately noted on the bill of lading in the presence of the carrier.
- Failure to do so will release Main Door Corporation from any liability. In the case of damage, it is The Home Depot responsibility to retain all packaging and shipping materials and return the shipment in the same condition in which it was received.
Your Satisfaction is important to usMain Door Corp. warranties its products against manufacturing defects for a period of one year from date of shipment to the retailer. It is important that the customer, contractor, architect, installer, and finisher follow warranty requirements and conditions for warranty to be in effect. For a full copy of our Limited Warranty click on the link below.