We currently offer seven collections of 100% solid wood entry doors with matching solid wood sidelites and jamb sets, and two collections of 100% solid wood Interior Doors.
We do not use any veneers or engineered stiles and rails in our products, eliminating the possibility of peeling or delamination.
All exterior solid wood doors are handcrafted to your exact size.
- Thickness: 1-¾”
- Width: 30”, 32”, 36”, 42” for doors & 11” to 16” for sidelites
- Height: 6’8” (80”) & 8’0” (96”)
- Panels: 1-¾”
- Construction: All solid wood stile and rail that are securely joined by type I glued dowels and solid wood free-floating center panels, no thin veneer over particle board.
- The solid wood stile and rail Mahogany Type and American Red Oak collections only, have raised moldings on one side.
- American Red Oak Collection features two solid boards glued together for the center stiles and horizontal rails.
- Thickness: 1-⅜”
- Width: 24″, 28″, 30”, 32”, 36”
- Height: 6’8” (80”)
- Panels: 1-⅜”
- Construction: Solid stile and rail construction and solid wood panels, Dowel Construction, type I exterior glue (no thin veneer over particle board) with floating panels.
Main Door is proudly FSC® certified by NEPCon, a partner of the Rainforest Alliance. Our product line of solid wood doors, sidelites, and jamb sets is manufactured and shipped open for glass from our state-of-the-art partner factories in South America.
Main Door is also proudly certified by NAMI’s NFRC 11-step certification program on door performance testing. The NFRC certification gives consumers the assurance that Main Door products comply with and have been rated by the world’s foremost expert in window, door, and skylight performance.
Solid wood doors have traditionally been the top door choice of homeowners because of its beauty, warmth, durability and lasting value.
The natural variations of the wood guarantee no two doors are ever the same. With responsible, “green” and “sustainable” resource management, we offer top-quality wooden doors while also protecting the environment.
South American Mahogany type wood (Cedrelinga catenaeformis Ducke) is one of the most prestigious hardwoods. Its brownish natural color and rich grain enables one to achieve a finish which will add warmth & ambience to any room.
Northern American Red Oak (Quercus rubra) with natural variations in color and grain has a very robust grain. Being a dense hardwood, red oak proves to have excellent durability against the elements.
We offer a variety of water-based, environment-friendly stain finish colors creating a look that not only reveals the wood’s radiance but also brings out the richness of every piece of wood.
The final clear top coat with a semi-gloss sheen, offers a rich look, exceptional durability, and protection. The Standard Finishes vary by the wood they are applied to.
The hand-scraped “rustic distress” finish adds a timeworn appearance . The doors are intentionally distressed for an older look as though they’ve been around for a long time, with a surface texture and patina, i.e. scratches, holes and dings.
Because of the inherent variations of the wood, final product may differ from photographic and printed samples.
You also have the option to order your door Unfinished if you wish to apply your own Finish or Paint.
For Mahogany Type wood species (Craftsman, Dutch Door, and Contemporary Collections):
- Antique Stain
- Blue Paint*
- Bright Orange Paint
- Cherry Stain
- Espresso Stain
- Golden Oak Stain
- Green Paint*
- Grey Paint*
- Lime Green Paint
- Red Paint*
- Walnut Stain
- Desert Sand Wash Stain
- White Paint
For Oak wood species (American Red Oak Collection):
- Dark Walnut
- Light Walnut
- Red Oak
Only available for the Rustic Mahogany Collection.
- Distress Marks
- Black Edges
We offer a large variety of glass designs and options for each door model and collection, with clear or obscure triple-glazed tempered insulated glass, decorative hand-assembled beveled glass clusters, glue-chip and water glass panels between the tempered glass, and brass, black patina or zinc metal camings.
For detailed information on the glass options per model and collection, download our brochure.
- ¾”-thick, triple-glazed
- Argon-filled for energy efficiency
- Decorative, hand-assembled, beveled clusters
- Clear or obscure tempered glass
- Glue-chip, Rain Glass or Water Glass
- 3 Designs per Model (refer to Brochure)
- Metal Caming: Brass, Black Patina, or Zinc (select Collections)
- Rain Glass, Black Patina, or Wrought-Iron Caming (Rustic Collection)
- Privacy or Clear Glass
- 7-¼” Solid Oak Sill (Finished or Unfinished) with 2″ horns on each end.
- Oak Adjustable Aluminum Sill (Brass, Bronze, or Nickel)
- ADA/Handicapped Compliant (Brass, Bronze, or Nickel)
- Out-Swing Bumper Sill (Zinc)
- Satin Nickel
All pre-hung units are furnished with rust-resistant, ¼”-radius corner, 4×4” ball-bearing hinges, matching the pre-hung hardware. 80” doors feature 3 hinges. 96” doors feature 4 hinges.
- Satin Nickel
Old World craftsmanship with state-of-the-art computerized woodworking makes our rustic doors the best value on the market. Our rigid adherence to the art of hand crafted and hand assembled doors, glass inserts, and rustic hardware keeps us true to time honored traditions. Our popular Rustic collection will enhance your home at a very attractive price point.
Our Rustic Doors feature a fully weather-stripped operable solid wood speakeasy door, with a front wrought-iron grill, two hinges and a sash lock latch.
The speakeasy opening is assembled at high level on the upper panel, adding a perfect final touch to the Rustic Door.
Our doors are available with round and square antique style clavos fixed securely on one or both sides of the doors in powder coated satin black.
- All exterior pre-hung entrance units are custom build to exact net sizes and come standard with jambs made from the same wood species as the door.
- Doors are pre-hung to customer inswing or outswing requirements.
- The entry door (active/operable) is pre-drilled with two face holes for standard bore & deadbolt and one edge hole (no mortise for strike plate in the jamb leg or t-mullion). For double doors, if requested, there is no charge to bore the inactive/stationary door for dummy bore
- Same wood 2-½” 711 interior casing, 2-¼” exterior brickmould, flatstock or stucco mould, unfinished or finished, at additional charge
- The most popular standard size, 36″ x 80″ x 1 ¾”, is available in all of our collections. There are also selected models available in 30″ & 32″ x 80″, 42″ x 80″ and 36″ x 96″ in the MAHOGANY TYPE COLLECTION, AMERICAN RED OAK COLLECTION and RUSTIC COLLECTION. This allow us to accommodate most entryway configurations.
- Units are offered as slab doors & sidelites only, pre-hung single door, single door with one or two sidelights, double doors, double doors with one or two sidelights and pre-hung doors with rectangular transoms for selected models, and every sidelite can be combined with any door design of its collection;
Rectangle Transoms – Matching rectangle transoms for above the entry door in a variety of widths and heights.
Operable Sidelite – With attached T-Astragal and flush bolts to operate as a double door unit.
Venting sidelites – The sidelite opens as a window (no screens) installed on one or both sides of the entry door. Provided with hinges and thumb turns.
Miscellaneous – Other details and customizations can be made as needed, upon request:
- Oversized widths
- Custom size jambs (up to 12″ width)
- Back to back jambs and wider mull posts
- Handicap sills
- Mail slot & peep hole (prep only)
- Sill cover
- Special hardware machining preps
- Special mull posts and mull pockets
- Direct-set sidelight frames
- All door collections are solid stile and rail construction and solid wood panels (no thin veneer over particle board) with matching sidelites. On the ”American Red Oak Collection” we face glue two solid boards together for the center stiles and horizontal rails;
- Thickness: 1-¾”;
- Width: 30″ x 80″, 32″ x 80″, 36″ x 80″, 36″ x 96″, 42″ x 80″, with 12″ & 16″ sidelites;
- Height: 6’8″ (80″) & 8’0″ (96″);
- Construction: dowel construction, type I exterior glue, with floating panels, raised moldings on one side;
- Panels: 1 ½” (for 1 ¾” thick door);
- Jamb Width: from 4-9/16″ to 11″.
- Flatstock: ¾” H x 3 ½” – 4″ W;
- Casing: 5/8″ H x 2 ½” – 3 ½” W;
- Brickmould: 1 ¼” H x 2 ¼” – 4″ W;
- Stucco: 1 ¼” H x 1 ½” W;
- Glass: ¾” triple glazed tempered insulated glass with brass, zinc and black patina caming;
- Hinges: 4″ x 4″ ball bearing, ¼ round corners for 1 ¾” thick doors in bright brass, bronze and satin nickel.
- As with our product we take pride in our shipping, packaging and crating methods. We go through great lengths in the shipping & crating process to ensure that your investment is delivered safely.
- All custom orders are packaged using triple-layered cardboard, plastic wrap, and wood pallets with 1×2” and 2×4” framework, ensuring proper shipping and handling of your unit. We ship all orders on an LTL environment, where strict procedures are in place during freight loading.
- Each year, less than 1% of our shipped product reaches its destination with damage.
- Immediately upon receipt of the order The Home Depot must completely inspect all products for defectives or damage.
- Discovered damage and or defectives must be immediately noted on the bill of lading in the presence of the carrier.
- Failure to do so will release Main Door Corporation from any liability. In the case of damage, it is The Home Depot responsibility to retain all packaging and shipping materials and return the shipment in the same condition in which it was received.
- Request a Quote: an estimate (proposal) will be sent by email after the customer completes the worksheet form with a detailed information on his entry door project, no later than 48 hours of the request form submission or you may also print the Worksheet form and fax it to us at: 1-310-527-0853;
- Place Order: the quote price includes the delivery to the closest The Home Depot (West Coast and Southwest Divisions) to the customer’s zip code;
- Our The Home Depot Vendor Number is 19532 and our Special Order SKU number is 789-286;
- Main Door Corporation does not install. All the units are shipped directly to The Home Depot and they can provide the installation;
- We recommend the customer to call the Department 30- Millwork to measure your opening and quote the installation, which includes details such as measurements, door model, full itemization of the options and items chosen to his exact specifications;
- Once the Purchase Order is received from The Home Depot and Main Door Corporation faxes a confirmation, we will begin the production of the customer entry door;
- Our lead time for a pre-hung & unfinished unit is 15 days and for a pre-hung & pre-finished unit is 21 days.
Main Door Corp. warranties its products against manufacturing defects for a period of one year from date of shipment to the retailer. It is important that the customer, contractor, architect, installer, and finisher follow warranty requirements and conditions for warranty to be in effect. For a full copy of our Limited Warranty click on the link below.
At Main Door we want you to be Satisfied with your purchase. To ensure this please review all the additional information on installation, finishing, trouble shooting, and care and maintenance located along with our Warranty. Just click on the link below.